Thirteen Federal Tax Deductions That We’re Taking
Actually, these are just a few of the deductions that I’m taking. We do all this stuff in my name and I itemize, and Shrike just takes the standard deduction. We should probably do it the other way around, since she makes a good bit more than I do, now, but I think we’re still both in the same bracket, so I guess it doesn’t matter.
- Mortgage interest
- Real estate taxes
- State / Local taxes
- Health Insurance Premiums (pre-tax deduction)
- Charitable Donation: March of Dimes
- Charitable Donation: American Cancer Society
- Charitable Donation: Our Local Animal Shelter
- Medical Expenses: $0.20 / mile for travel to doctor’s appointments
- Medical Expenses: Fertility Medications
- Medical Expenses: Intrauterine Inseminations
- Medical Expenses: Blood Tests
- Medical Expenses: Dildo-Cammings
- Medical Expenses: Our Dr. T visits for which I was smart enough to sign the check
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!